Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Head is a Spin

Unfortunately I had broken one of my golden rules; scheduling an early morning meeting so I had to give SWEAT a miss this morning. I decided to just run one along Botany Bay and watch the sun come up. I usually find running very relaxing and allows me to de-stress, but this morning when I first started off I had so many things going through my head (all work related). I then noticed I was breathing heavier than usual and my pace didn't justify my breathing. I then sent myself mental messages to calm down and enjoy my run. After about the 3kms I found my rhythm and enjoyed the pleasure of running. I decided to push myself a little harder than usual to compensate for not going to SWEAT. I did a total of 10km with an average pace of 5:20/km. My run was definitely negative split this morning, the last couple of k's were 5:15, 5:15, 5:11, 5:06, 4:56, 5:05 (incline).

1 comment:

Katie said...

I bet you were in a flap!!! Great run though! Nice way to finish your 10kms!! Sean must have chaneled his instructions.... he told us to get progressively quicker each rep!