Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bowled Out

11 February

It was the annual Sydney Striders Equaliser (cross country) race. I was given strict instructions from Sean not to race the event, only run it. It was probably one of the worst run's I have every experienced, I was happy I wasn't "racing", as it was an effort to just finish the run. On a positive note, I got a another 16km in the bank and a can of coke at the end.

I think I must have been dehydrated, after the race I drank;

4 x cans of diet coke
3 x 600ml Poweraide
5 x glasses of water
2 x coffees

and went to the loo twice.

12 February

I was bowled out, I broke the streak after 51 days. I took some advice from some very wise people and had a day off. No running, no gym, no Yoga. When I got home from work Blue Dog had a nice hot bath and class of red waiting for me. Just what I needed.

13 February

This morning I was scheduled for an easy 33 minute run, but I decided to go to SWEAT instead. Today's session was a time trail, which involved 4 laps of the lake which is approximately 5.8km. I had a good chat to one of the groups leading ladies, Jenny, who advised me to have a couple of days off to freshen up a bit, etc. By the time I lined up for the TT I was ready to run. Started of feeling pretty comfortable, and was determined no to allow a particular person beat me (always got to have a target) so I motored along. Towards the end of the second lap I felt myself drop off a bit, it was time to dig in. My time was 27.23 with an average pace of 4.43/km.

Splits;
1km = 4:45
2km = 4.48 (I did fade)
3km = 4.45
4km = 4.45
5km = 4.38
800m = 3.44 (4.37/km pace)

It was nice to have Sean compliment me on my running this morning to give me a boost of confidence.

5 comments:

Superflake said...

Very nice. Pity the streak is over. I was wondering why your place in the equaliser wasn't higher, now I know.

Harley Warren said...

I think you did great Bernie, you looked really strong finishing that time trial this morning, and your looking fighting fit all over. All you need is a bit of Blue Dog fuel (better known as VB) and a white dress with pink ribbons!

Katie said...

Shhhhhhheeeees BACK!!!!

***Dance of Joy****

Pity you can not be tempted to do the 10kms with me :-)

2P said...

Can't wait for the second innings!

Tesso said...

Congrats on the 51 days straight. So any plans to try to better it ;-)