Friday, February 09, 2007

SWEATing SOLO

8 February

When the alarm went off I hit the snooze button (several times) and decided to give SWEAT a miss. However, I had a brain explosion and decided to pack my gear so I could head over Centennial Park and run the scheduled session of Wild Walter. So Blue Dog and I did our usual warm up, drills and strides then attacked Wild Walter. We both had 10 reps on the program, and I noticed Blue Dog had developed a handy method of counting our reps. He collected a stick a the completion of each rep and carried it over to the start. My reps had improved since our last session, and I was happy that my slowest was 1:54 and my best of 1:48, most of them were 1:52. It was a really good session, as I was running into a strong headwind on the decent, but focusing on chasing Blue Dog kept me moving. We both finished off the session in feeling we had put everything in and feeling great.

9 February

This morning I did a nice easy run which included a lap of Scarborough Park. I felt pretty tired , but I was pleased that my legs were feeling fresh again. I really love running through Scarborough Park; there is a small trail of wood chips surrounded with trees which makes is it hard to believe that you are actually running in suburbia. I arrived home with another 5.5km in the legs with an average speed of 5.30/km. This afternoon I am headed to my Yoga class to unwind after a hectic week.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

What's Blue Dog going to do with all those sticks?? Build a dam??