Thursday, September 07, 2006

Dedicated or Delirious

After hearing the rain and wind all night it was not the most welcoming weather, but once I had reminded Blue Dog of our goals there was no struggle tying up the shoe laces. When we arrived at the oval a number of lakes had formed overnight, it was probably the worst conditions I have every training in. Belinda and I did a couple of warm up laps on the oval, when the ligthening flashed Belinda took off like a flash herself. Sean suggested we do our Fartlek session around the lake, so we all ran one lap as a warm up. The head and side winds were amazing, thankfully I am not a little whippet or I would have been blown across the park. We did the usually drills and strides which were even difficult with the wind. Sean instructed me to do four laps (5.9ks). Given the conditions I decided to push as hard as could but focus on my form and keeping strong. As I was coming up the straight (into the headwind) Sean ran with me and even commented on the difficult conditions. As Horrie said to me when we finished, the session was in the bag and nobody can take it off me.

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Lucky I ran last night before the strong winds started. So hard to do a speed session in the wind, it does get really annoying. Good session Bernie.

Horrie said...

You were running very strongly this morning Bernie. Too quick for me. I had you in sight for the first 3 laps but you blew me away on the last one. Well done!

Katie said...

Delirious definately!!!! I enjoyed the extra doona time :-) you will do so well in the half with that dedication!!

You will be able to wear the feathers and lovely silver shoes to the gym.... noice!!

Enjoy your weekend!