Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Shattered by The Dog

Blue Dog flew home yesterday afternoon after his awesome effort at Glasshouse, we decided to go out for dinner to celebrate our weekend of PBs and the fact that we were both home together again. I had two glasses of wine and woke up this morning feeling like crap and I felt like shit throughout my session this morning. Solution, no more alcohol.

I did a couple of laps of the oval and it just seemed to go down hill. I had 3 x 1200s on my program and I ran the first one 5:23 with Blue Dog pacing for the 300 metres, offering encouragement. I seemed to have a long recovery, so Sean suggested I run a 1600 rep. Great. I settled into a better rhythm with Blue Dog suggesting I relax and concentrate on my form and then pushed me through to the end. By the time I lined up for the third rep I was stuffed, and totally shattered when Blue Dog overtook me after only finishing a 100 mile race on Sunday. My 1600 times were 7:21 and 7:28 but when I checked my previous times for this distance I had still improved.


1 comment:

Clairie said...

Is he a glutton for punishment???

Great to see you working hard - don't worry about the Dog overtaking at all, he needs to do it for the ego. I'm sure it killed him :)