Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Final Preparations

I was very pleased to walk outside this morning to find it wasn't raining, and when I arrived at this morning the oval was not under water. After a bit of a warm up and comparison of our new programs Sean has recently distributed it was straight into the drills and strides. Us co-ordinated girls (not) decided it is best to stick to the back and during the drills and watch the experts demonstrate their great form. I know why we are runners and not dancers. This morning I had one long rep followed by three shorter reps on the program. My first rep was 2.2km which I ran with the aim of not going out too hard and respecting the fact it was a longer rep my time was 10:16 minutes. I then lined up for 3 x 600s (2:40, 2:38, 2:35). I have never ran 600m reps before and I was little unsure of my pacing, but I managed to increase the speed on each one so I was happy. I did notice during my second 600m rep my legs felt like jelly which is probably a result from last night's weights. Definitely and air of excitement this morning with everybody focused on their Sunday race.

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Good luck on Sunday Bernie. See you in the queue.

2P said...

It's all shaping up nicely for Sunday Bernie - great stuff.

Jen said...

Good luck for Sunday Bernie. Your hard work certainly is going to pay off!