Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm Walking on Sunshine

I met Katie, Deanne, Kulinda and Ray this morning at 6.00am and it was actually daylight. We usual run the outside loop of Centennial Park clockwise but just for a change we decided to run anti-clockwise (very adventurous). We just cruised along at a nice easy pace just chatting away; it was one of those perfect runs reminding me why I run. We ended up running 8km with an average pace of 5:39/km.

I actually went managed to get back to the gym last night for my long forgotten strength training. It really felt good, but I think I need to invest in some more bling and make-up to blend in with the rest of the clientele.

6 comments:

2P said...

Looks like your training is going pretty well Bernie - keep up the good work.

PS pass on my congrats to the Dog on his recent success.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the clientele at FF at Rockdale :-)

I find them very amusing to watch - although maybe I shouldn't stare too much they might think I am admiring their bodies???!!!

TA and the Gnome said...

It was lovely to catch up with you at Striders. Congrats to both of you on fantastic runs and I bet it was so nice to go out celebrate together.

TA

Tesso said...

Ha ha, reminds me of a girl at my gym who comes complete with the middle of winter tan, shiny little satin shorts, and gold hanging off her everywhere. She walks on the tready for ages and must reach speeds of, gee, 3k per hour max. Maybe her jewellry is weighing her down.

Anonymous said...

Katie and Ray...how things have changed:) But for the good!
I am glad you were adventurous and went anticlockwise...a nice bit of rebellion there.
Look forward to having someone to cheer team kit on with...and keep monsterguts amused.
Now keeping up with the bling....maybe some gold lame shorts, combined with a tank top and wedge joggers...for a start:)
xx

Superflake said...

I saw you guys this morning on Alison Rd while I was driving to work about 6:45. I was too late to toot or wave.