Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Midweek

I woke this morning with a sore throat and a sexy husky voice, too bad Blue Dog wasn't home. Got everything ready for the day at work and just as I was about to head out the door and I vomited. Shit I had to meet the girls in 20 minutes and I'm conducting interviews at work today... I cannot be sick. I arrived at Centennial Park at the agreed time of 5.15am to meet Deanne, Kerry and Kulinda. We set off at a nice easy pace, given that we had 90 minutes on the program and we we're still a little fatigued from Sunday. We had a nice breeze to keep us cool, but you could really notice the warmer temperature. We ran a total of 15km with average pace of 6km/hr, for once we actually stuck to the recommend pace. To be honest I couldn't have pushed it any harder today and I was very happy to finish.

My next big race is the Balls Head Challenge. I ran this last year but only treated it as training run. So this year I am going to race it. I have been studying last years splits and the course profile and have set myself a bit of goal time. So I will also need to focus on my strength and core work over the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

It sounds like you had a great run at the weekend Bernie. I hope you're not feeling any ill effects after running when you're not 100%. Hope to see you tomorrow.