Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Midweek Party....

We had a huge crowd this morning; Deanne, Kerry, Kulinda, Becky, Horrie, Belinda and I, with Katie meeting us for the second lap of the outside loop of Centennial Park. There were a few spots of rain when we first started but pleasant breeze to keep us cool. I could notice the humidity level was slightly higher than usual. I had to have a loo stop after the first lap, so I had to increase the speed a bit to catch up with the rest of the group. We finished with a nice lap around the lake checking out the progress of the ducklings. Total distance for today's run was 16.30km with an average pace of 5:43/km. I felt so much better this morning, the cold is still lingering but I felt more energised. I arrived at work this morning feeling really good knowing that most people have struggled to drag their sorry butts into work and I have already ran 16km :-).

2 comments:

2P said...

I arrived at work with a sorry butt - good work Bernie ;-)

Clairie said...

Don't you just love those midweek runs!

Certainly makes you feel special when you can achieve 16kms all before the days work begins.