Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Modified 400s

It was back to the track today for some speed work. I was still feeling a little tender so I had no expectations and was worried that the mind may have been willing but the legs may not want to play. I did a decent warm up this morning followed by the usual drills and strides and started which greatly helped. I have never done 400s at SWEAT before so I was a little unsure of pace and given that I had 8 reps on the program I didn't want to die after the first two, but I think I did. By the time we got the 7th rep we were approached by some rangers who were yelling us to stop and advising us not to run on the oval which mad the rep interesting. Anyway Sean didn't want to disappoint us so we moved towards the lake and completed the last 2 reps. So in the end I ran 8 x 400s plus one extended 400.

My 8 reps were; 1:46, 1:47, 1:48, 1:48, 1:48, 1:49, 1:53, 1:51. Yep, I faded :-(

1 comment:

Superflake said...

7 seconds between the fastest and the slowest is pretty consistent to me. And you have just had a big race.