Thursday, September 14, 2006

Final Preparations

13 September 2006

I just had a nice easy run, I was instructed to go "very slow". I did try to stick to the slow pace, but I couldn't. My average pace of 5:44/km felt like I was standing still. I did my local Kogarah Bay run with has a few inclines (definitely not hills) and just kept the pace consistent. I ran past two male runners who commented on how fast I was, I didn't dare tell them I was struggling the go slow concept.

14 September 2006

Blue Dog and I were comparing our programs last night and we both had 10 laps of Wild Wally scheduled for today. I assured Blue Dog that we won't have to do 10 laps, Sean would probably just get us to do 6 at the most with Sunday's races. I was wrong...10 laps. My goal was not to go out too hard and stay relaxed focusing on my form. In the last couple of uphill reps I could feel my legs burn but I managed to finish the session in 24:27 with a Wild Wally PB. When I finished Sean commented on how fit I am looking, those sort of comments are always well received from the Coach.

4 comments:

Ellie80 said...

you did look strong bernie - but i reckon that 10 laps was a lot. i ended up doing 6 and felt like it was quite enough!

good luck! not that you need it :)

Clairie said...

Wow 10 laps on a hilly course sounds extreme - but obviously whatever he has in the plan is working for you so listen to the expert!!!

Congrats on the WW PB too!

Tesso said...

After 10 laps of WW you probably won't even notice the hills on Sunday!

Good luck. Hope you have a great run and have a great time too.

Horrie said...

The coach's words were right. You were looking very strong today Bernie. I made the same comment to Blue Dog as you were finishing the last hill. Obviously, the benefit of all the good training you have done over the last couple of months. Good luck on Sunday.