Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Fresh Start to the Day

After the usual warm-up, drills and strides it was over to the lake for a tempo session. Sean had us all allocated into groups with a set pace and time per lap of the lake. I was in the 5min/km group (7.15 per lap) but I only had 3 laps due to Sunday's race. The idea of the group was to work together and then work harder on the last lap. My group set off and ran the first lap in 7:04min, and was instructed to slow down (nice change), so we backed off a bit on the second (7:12min). Becky and I then worked together on the last lap (6:54min). My average pace was 4:53/km which was good and it felt comfortable. We then did a couple of laps of the 1km loop for a cool down.

When I got to work I jumped in the shower only to find there was no hot water, it was freezing. I was later advised there was hot water two floors above me I should have run up there. I explained it's probably not a good look running through the corridors of with just a towel wrapped around me. I think I need to find some sun to warm up now ;-).

1 comment:

2P said...

Nice pace Bernie - +ve vibes for your Mum.