Sunday, October 29, 2006

I had a ball......

Saturday, 28 October 2006

I made my way over to the CR 5K Challenge with plans to just run 5k out and back at no cracking pace. I did a bit of a warm up with Deanne and discussed starting times with a few of the players. Lorna (the Owl) was heading off with the 28 minute group so I offered to run with/pace Lorna. There was a terrible headwind around the Bay this morning so I tried to act as Lorna's wind break and promised not to break wind :-). Lorna hung on and put in a great effort and finished 2 seconds off her PB, which I am sure will be broken next month. I then enjoyed a nice leisurely run back to the start.

I did not hang around for breakfast, I had to head off for a nice day of retail therapy with my mother. I actually knocked over half my Christmas shopping.

Sunday, 29 October 2006

I meet Katie, Kerry and Deanne at the STAR this morning for a change. We didn't bother taking a map as we were familiar with the area. It was one of those great runs, chatting about the silliest things; we can really keep ourselves amused for hours. We took a few different routes and come across some amazing places today. I was happy with the run, my knee started to get a little sore where I fell on it last week, but the ITB issues seem to have disappeared now that the quads a feeling normal again. We ran a total of 15.6 km with an average pace of 5.49/km.

I finished off a great weekend with a movie. I meet girls and Ray latter this afternoon and watched "Little Miss Sunshine". It was fantastic, very funny.

No comments: