Monday, October 30, 2006

A Great Weekend with Great Company

Saturday, 28 October 2006

I made my way over the CR 5K Challenge with plans to run 5ks out and back. My legs were feeling so much better but not 100%. I did a warm-up with Deanne and then made my way back to the start with no real idea of what time I would start. I then decided to ran/pace Lorna (aka The Owl). We headed off in a really strong head wind and I tried and act as Lorna's wind break. The fourth kilometre was a little kinder and Lorna finished strong with only 2 seconds off her PB. I am sure a new PB will be recorded next month. I then enjoyed a nice casual run back to the start.

I didn't hang around for breakfast, as I had made plans to do my regular cleaning chores at my parents place followed by some retail therapy with my mother. I even managed to knock over half of my Christmas Shopping.

Sunday, 29 October 2006

I met Katie, Kerry and Deanne at the STAR for a change. We did a DIY route and found a few interesting places. In our search for a toilet we stumbled across Quarantine Park (Concord) which had a number of old stables; very interesting. It was a really enjoyable run, at a nice comfortable pace 15.6km at an average pace of 5:46/km. There was lots of chatter and laughter.

After a nice day spent at home for a change with Blue Dog, I met the girls and Ray again in the afternoon and saw "Little Miss Sunshine". It was sensational.

3 comments:

2P said...

Sounds ideal Bernie.

Good to see you again on Saturday - I had you guys in sight for most of the run and you were moving smoothly - so looks like you have recovered well. Nice work.

Becky O said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Glad to hear your feeling heaps better. I've heard "Little Miss Sunshine" was given 5 stars by most film critics, its a must see for me.

Unknown said...

very grateful for your company on Saturday Bernie! I still say you are too slim to make an effective windbreak!