Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Mixing it up

Yesterday was a self imposed rest day. My mother started her chemotherapy yesterday so I accompanied my parents to provide moral support.

This morning I only had 30 minutes on my program, but I was feeling a little guilty about missing yesterday’s session, so I decided I would run for an hour. I had bit of sleep in and run along Botany Bay, rather then getting up early and driving into Centennial Park. Blue Dog decided he would join me, which was nice as we seldom run together. It was just a nice comfortable run, after 30 minutes I turned around. Blue Dog kept going as he had a bit longer on his program. I retraced my steps and actually managed a negative split; I had to run past home for a couple of minutes to get the full hour in. I averaged 5:26min/hr.

This afternoon I will go the gym for my strength session and a swim.

4 comments:

Gronk said...

Sending all my spare positive energy to your Mum Bernie. :)

Becky O said...

I hope everything goes well with your Mum Bernie.

Glad to see you've taken a well earned sleep in rather than your usual phenominally early start.

Hope to see you tomorrow at training, if not, see you on the weekend at Brindabella.

Superflake said...

Hope the chemo goes well with your mum Bernie.

Clairie said...

Heh Bernie G, hope your Mum finds the strength and love in your support.

Great news to hear you are back doing spin classes - if you have any tips let me know!

There just seems to be so much training to do out there....where does everyone find the time to do it all?