Thursday, October 12, 2006

Relaxed

Blue Dog and I arrived nice and early for SWEAT this morning so ran the inside loop of the Park for a warm up, and I showed him the baby geese we admired yesterday. This morning we had Fartlek and I those words I love to see written on my program "relaxed". This week I decided I will take the relaxed option given I am running the Fitzroy Falls 10km on Saturday and I want to have a good race, last week a ran a little too hard on my relaxed day leading up to the Striders 10k. After receiving our instructions I was off, just concentrating on my form and keeping my body relaxed. I had three laps of the 1km circuit, according to my Garmin which measured it a little longer, my average pace of 4.53/km. I then did a nice cool down around the lake with the GBH boys.

2 comments:

Wobbly man said...

Relaxed sounds like a great approach - except 4:53 is relaxed? You speed demon, you!

Unknown said...

Look forward to catching up on Saturday! I'll bring some apricot loaf for refueling ;-)