Thursday, October 05, 2006

Long Reps

I arrived at SWEAT this morning with a goal to redeem myself after my horrible effort on Tuesday (My name is Bernadette Gregory and it's three day's since my last drink..... wrong group). I did a couple of laps of the 1k circuit with Katie as a warm up which I really needed as I was a little tender from last night's weight session. We are still not allowed on the oval, but we manage to sneak our drills and strides in before heading over to the lake. I had 2 laps followed by a recovery and then another lap. I really put in an effort this morning and tried to concentrate of my form whilst running into a head wind towards the other side of the lake. My times were 13.29 minutes (4.39/hr) for 2 laps, followed with 6.29 minutes (4.27/hr) for 1 lap. I finished feeling really pleased with myself and a grin from ear to ear.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Great second rep there Miss Bernie!!! all looking godd for Saturday :-) Repeat after me... no red wine!!!

2P said...

Have to be careful you don't get picked up for speeding instead of drink drive - you are certainly starting to get some pace up Bernie ;-)