Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Self Inflicted Pain

Blue Dog and I had Team GBH BBQ on Monday afternoon, so I decided to drink far more than I should have. Needless to say, I arrived at SWEAT feeling pretty crappy. I did a warm up with Katie and felt okay, but by the time we did the drills and strides I knew I was in for trouble for the 800s. I got through the first three okay, but on the fourth I started to heave and did the best I could to hold my stomach together. I was happy to get through the 6 reps. Times were 3:27, 3:25, 3:27, 3:24, 3:29, 3:32 not too flash but at least I got through it. I then ran to work for my cool down, give me a total distance of 14km.

2 comments:

Horrie said...

Not a bad session considering the huge weekend you had Bernie. Remember, as Blue Dog says, it's not just about the running.

Unknown said...

Hope the wedding went well. I'm sure you looked fabulous.