Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Hectic Weekend.... And Some Running

29 September 2006

I had to be at the airport so I was out the door at 5.00am to squeeze in a one hour run. I ran along Botany Bay. It was beautiful watching the sunrise and watching the day come alive. I hadn't run along this route since April, so it was really nice.

Later in the afternoon, I went out to my sister's house and I was very excited when I walked out of the shopping centre and could see the Blue Mountains, unfortunately she could not understand my excitement. Perhaps she was preoccupied with her pending wedding.

30 September 2006

I had good intentions of going out for half an hour before we had to start getting ready, but I just did get a chance. Although I did a bit of rock climbing later in the day. The photographer insisted the bridal party climb up some rocks, apparently perfect backdrop for some photos. So I kicked off the shoes raced up the rocks and waited for everyone else ;-).

1 October 2006

In between a big breakfast and a Grand Final BBQ, Blue Dog and I snuck out for a run. I had 2hrs on my program and he had 30minutes. I had done a few extra ks during the week knowing that I may struggle to fit my long run in, so Blue Dog and I compromised on 1 hr. My sister's house is very close to the M7, so we ran along there for 32 minutes (Blue Dog's suggestion ????) and then turned around and ran home. I must say it was probably one of the most boring runs I have done, everything looked the same, so I don't think I'll be lining up for the marathon along this course. We picked up the pace a little on the way back and finished in just over 1 hour. A total distance of 11.5kms.

2 comments:

Becky O said...

Just as well your sister's wedding wasnt IN the Blue Mountains, otherwise your bridesmaid duties really would have suffered ;)

Amanda said...

You have such a great way of phrasing things Bernie. I was most amused by your sister being preoccupied by her pending wedding in preference to the blue mountains.

You and Blue Dog are looking great - both at training and in frocks