Saturday, May 06, 2006

Heading in the Right Direction

5 May 2006

Decided to have an easy day with the NSW Road Champs. coming up so I headed to the gym. I completed 40 minutes of the elliptical Trainer followed with some streches.

6 May 2006

Ventured over to North Head this morning for the Striders 10K, but only as a spectator. Blue Dog was the 50min pacer so it gave me good excuse to head over there and catch up with the regulars and have nice breakfast ;-).

We then head to Holsworthy for the 10k Champs. Given the race was held in the middle of the day, I thought it would be a good idea to hydrate well, it was almost too well (another lesson learnt). This is the first time for a while have been nervous before and race, otherwise I felt pretty good.

The course was 2 x 5k loop. I finished in 50:10, which is still outside my PB, but it is the best time I have ran all year, so I am very happy.

I am now going to head over to Sylvania Athletics Track to support a fellow runner who is doing the "Relay for Life" this weekend.

1 comment:

2P said...

Nice job Bernie, you are starting to get your speed back after Six Foot - only a matter of time till you give that PB a real shake.