Sunday, May 14, 2006

Weekend Update

13 May 2006

It was a pretty hectic day, I had a fair bit on: domestic duties (house work/grocery shopping), a race, and my parents over for dinner.

I had 7.5km Cross Country at Sydney Park on the program for today. Luckily I know this course well, I do a few of mid week runs through the park and hill reps. I had also completed the 5km Cross Country there last year.

I arrived to find Vat warming up, Blue Dog met me there and another mysterious runner "Superflake". I chatted to Blue Dog before the race and advised I was not going to run it too hard, but push myself hard than my normal training runs, as I know the hills can knock it out of you on this course.

The 2.5km, 5km and 7.5km runners all started together as it was a 2.5km circuit. I ran tall on the hills as suggested by Sean the other day. I finished with my own personal cheer squad, and was latter advised I was the first female for the 7.5km, I was the only female (but it's a win ;-) ). However, the results have me listed as a male, with a very strange spelling attempt of "Bernadette". I finished in 37:56, (5.03min/km). I looked up my time from lasts years 5km race and found my pace was 5:11min/km.

I then raced off home, and prepared a beautiful dinner for my parents.

14 May 2006

The Strider's STaR was at Dee Why today, and only had 90 minutes on my program, so Blue Dog and I decided to treat ourselves to a sleep-in and run locally. We ran the same route on Wednesday, fractionally quicker (1min 20sec) but it felt really comfortable. Blue Dog commented how I appeared my relaxed and breathing was more controlled, which is good.

Finished off with some stretching.

I headed off to a BBQ at my sisters house for the afternoon, which involved alot talking about her September wedding, which I happen to be bridesmaid for. I should mention she has been very careful to avoid an major races, and even agreed to changing the date for the hen's weekend to avoid clashing the Sydney Running Festival :-)

2 comments:

Superflake said...

I saw Superflake too. He looked like some form was coming back. Blue Dogs mum was that worried that she only gave me 5 mins for SMH. Ripped off. A wins a win. Congratulations.

Tesso said...

Congrats on the win Bernie! I know how you feel, I had a few of those sorts of victories in the masters track races earlier in the year. Hey, if no other females turn up its not our fault!

Very thoughtful of your sister to plan her wedding around you :-)