Thursday, May 25, 2006

Team Dog

24 May 2006

Unfortunately a four letter work got in the way of my training "work". I had a meeting that finished later then expected, so I had to write the day off. We were asked during the meeting if anybody had any commitments that required him/her to leave, and I did say I had to go for a run. People just looked at me oddly and asked don't you have lights in your shoes :(.

But on a good night "Team Dog" pickup second place in the Husband and Wife one over 35yrs category for the SMH Half.

25 May 2006

I headed over to SWEAT today to find the familiar face of Katie after a short break. We walked down to the oval together discussing how great the sky looked just on day break. By the time I arrived at the oval I realised I had forgot my Garmin, so I was running naked ;-). Today was fartlek around the park after a couple of warm up laps. I estimate the session would have been 11km based on the previous session. Felt pretty good throughout the session.

I had the day off work today so accompanied Blue Dog to his visit to PodRunner, and we then shared a nice lunch by the harbour on beautiful day.

4 comments:

2P said...

Woohoo congrats on the 2nd Bernie - that is great stuff ;-)

Jen said...

Congrats on the prize at the SMH. A bit of bling is always a good thing - well done :-)

Superflake said...

Doesn't work know that it is not supposed to get in the way of running? Congratulation to you and Blue Dog on the team medal. Well deserved. Glad the Dog finally is having his foot looked at.

Tesso said...

Congrats to Team Dog on the podium finish!