Friday, May 19, 2006

A Nice Surprise

I slept in and missed SWEAT, I was momentarily disappointed but then turned to Plan B, Track @ Sylvania.

It had been a couple weeks since I have ran over at Sylvania (due to SWEAT). My program had me down for "comfortable 400s", so I thought well I'll do a "comfortable 5000". It was a perfect night for running not too cool. For the first 1600m I tucked in behind someone, and thought this is pretty easy I wasn't too sure if it was the fact that I was drafting or it was easy. So I overtook him.

I finished with a 37 second PB!!!!!. 23:14 I was stoked. I felt pretty comfortable throught the run which is a promising sign.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Wow Bernie, that is a pretty significant smashing of your 5km PB, especially when the goal was for a confortable run!!

Great stuff.

Tesso said...

Fantastic result Bernie! Must be feeling even more confident for the half now.

2P said...

That is some PB Bernie - well done - looks like you are really starting to find some speed.

David Criniti said...

Just cemented your status as 'the runner in the family'! :) Well done mate!