Monday, May 08, 2006

Long Slooooooooow Distance

Due to Blue Dog's shift work I had agreed to met him at his workplace and then head over the Strider's STaR for the 7am group. However, he phoned me to let me know he had a crap night. So I headed over there on my own. I had a pretty good idea of direction, but pulled up at a set of lights noticed the person in front wearing a cap, and thought that person is probably heading to the STaR, it was Bec. Kit, please advise Ray his theory on "runner's head" is correct.

There was again another problem with the map/instructions ect. so the the 7am group split. We ended up with a total distance of 15.5km. With a lot of standing around map reading.

On another note, I have now received my training program therefore, my Sunday runs will become more focused.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Great run on Saturday Bernie. It must be good to see your times coming down after the 6ft thing! Hope you have a good week at training this week. Hopefully I'll be back the following week as yesterday's problem doesn't seem serious.

Tesso said...

Congrats on a good 10k run Bernie. Running in the afternoon always seems so much harder, maybe because we are so used to racing in the morning.

It was great to catch up on the weekend. I'll see you at the Gold Coast. Good luck with the new pgm.

Superflake said...

Who reads the maps. Just chase the group in front and that seems to work for most of the STaR. Good to see you are now on a program.