Tuesday, May 02, 2006

30 April 2006

LSD, STaR River Run. Due to Blue Dog's work commitments and my effort after Saturday I decided to run with the later group. Meet Bec and Kerry and delegated map reading duties to Blue Dog, who ended up getting away from us. After a few k's Bec and Kerry decided to take the shorter option of 13k so I decided to run ahead to catch up with BD. I ended taking the wrong turn so re-grouped with my original running buddies. The run took us into the bush along part of the Great North Walk, at the end of the bush section I spotted BD and finished the last couple of ks with him. In total I did 17.5km.

1 May 2006

Rest day.

2 May 2006

SWEAT this morning. I arrived at Centennial Park to find the gates were still closed so I parked the car and commenced my warm-up. Did the usual strides etc, and today I completed 3 x 1600ms. Sean suggested we run the reps at 10k pace, however I felt very comfortable and pushed it a little harder. Times were: 7:54, 7:40, 7:41.

Total distance for today's session 9.6km.

3 comments:

2P said...

Nice consistent splits Bernie, well done.

2P said...

AND woohooo I just saw you are now also in the illustrious Team J too!!!

Katie said...

Hey Miss B! Well done... more good running :-) I wish I could have ran with you on Saturday... dam leg! Anyhoo are you running the striders 10km or Holsworthy?? Either way I will see you, I am going to help in the morn and probably pop out to holsworthy so Ray can take some photos. I would love to see you and bec. Hopefully back at sweat next week.