Monday, May 22, 2006

SMH Half Marathon

Woke up at 4am to massage Blue Dog's foot and do the normal pre-race preparations. Arrived to find a very crowded start area and meet up with a few CR regulars. Finally positioned myself for the the start, which was very crowded, it took me about 2 minutes to cross the actual start, and then I had to walk/shuffle for the first 50 to 100 metres.

My time was 1:51:41 (not official, gun time). I found it difficult to pace myself due the congestion in a number of areas, lack of noticeable km markers, and the faithful Garmin was unfaithful. I feel I ran a pretty good race, and didn't have much left for a big kick at the end.

The finish area was again very crowded and I soon aborted and ideas of getting a drink, so I headed to the Strider's Breakfast then to the pub for a post-race debrief.

5 comments:

2P said...

Nice work on the half Bernie - you must have passed me somewhere as it sounds like I went across the start about 10 seconds in front of you.

Ellie80 said...

hey bernie - congrats on a top run!! hope to see you this week at training!!

Katie said...

Always a pleasure miss B!!!

It would have been nice to catch up at the pub... family committments :-)

See you thursday hopefully.

Jen said...

Congrats Bernie, on both your course PB and track PB. Your hard work certainly is paying off. Congrats.

PS. AK is right - let the Dog massage his own foot ;-)

Superflake said...

Congrats on the course PB Bernie. Tell Blue Dog to do his own foot.