Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Midweek Dilemma ....

The alarm went off nice and early again this morning and I announced I had better get out of bed and go for a run. I was planning to run locally but Blue Dog suggested I drive to work and head to Sydney Park allowing a little more daylight and like-minded people out exercising.

As I started the run, my left hammy and glute were really tight and I was doubtful I would get through the run. When I arrived at the Park, I stopped and had a good strech and then got stuck into it. Thankfully, the leg loosened up and I felt okay. I really concentrated on my form on the hills this morning, running tall and lengthened out my stride. This will be good practice for the Nowra cross country in a couple of weeks.

I ran a total distance of 13.45km, 5.38/km average pace. Happy with this, may average pace for this run is usually 5.49/km.

BTW, a massage will be booked today.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good session on a chilly morning Bernie. I'm pleased to see that you've got a massage booked - enjoy it ;-)