Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Jumped out of bed this morning ready to take on the world. Got all my gear together then woke Blue Dog with a coffee and explanation that I am not insane getting up before the sunshine, but put forward my argument that doing my midweek long run early allows maximum recovery time before another session of SWEAT in the morning.

Drove to work and ran to Sydney Park for a few laps of the park. Sydney Park is "dog friendly" environment. Which I must say annoys me. Dog owners generally walk around admiring the furry creature who runs across in front you, and don't even think about using the tap for drink. Negative toughts for the day over.....

I ran a total of 15.2km with an average pace of 5:42/km, which is pretty good as the run included a couple of nasty hills. All good preparation for the SMH.

3 comments:

2P said...

Looking very good for SMH.

Horrie said...

Well done Bernie on getting out early. It's not easy to do but once it is done, you feel great for the rest of the day. I agree that it gives you a longer recovery before hitting the high notes at SWEAT tomorrow.

Dave said...

I would have thought a "dog friendly" park would be high on the list :)

Ah SMH should be fun!