Sunday, May 28, 2006

Weekend Wrap Up.........

27 May 2006

CR 5K Challenge.

Horrie had offered to pace during the week for 23 minutes. I was unsure if I could manage to drop another 15 seconds off my 5k time to go sub 23, but I thought I'd have a go.

Arrived feeling a little nervous and Blue Dog assured me I'll be okay, just stick to the pace. I took off with Horrie and Redback and just tried to hold on. It amazed my how they were chatting to each other while I was just trying to breathe. In the last kilometre, I started to heave, well quite a few times, but tried to keep going. In finished with a 1 second PB, which was well earned. Thanks guys.
Followed by nice jog back I ran into a few of the girls and shared a nice chat, the breakfast.

28 May 2006

Headed out to SMC today, as it was the last race of the series. I had arranged to run with Plu as a were both running the 25km for a training run. It was a really nice morning, nice comfortable pace. We finished in 2hrs 26 minutes. It was nice to see the usual familiar faces, and great to see Redback out there again.

I am off this afternoon for a "team bonding" get together with the Striders female NSW winter athletics team.

5 comments:

Horrie said...

A great weekend of running Bernie and that PB was very well earnt. If it wasn't for the case of the up and unders, you would have given 23 a real good go. I am sure you will do it before the year is out.

Jen said...

Congrats on your latest PB Bernie! Good on you for holding it (and your stomach contents) together

;-)

2P said...

Nice work Bernie, a PB and a pretty handy 25k training time too.

Well done ;-)

Tesso said...

Fantastic stuff in the 5k Bernie! That must give you confidence for a good run at the GC.

Katie said...

The Ice cream was a HUGE hit!!! You would think we had never had any before :-) See you tommorow.