Saturday, July 15, 2006

14 July 2006

Just a nice easy 30 minutes today. I made an effort to take it easy, as I tend to run too hard on my easy days. I ran with Blue Dog so we chatted throughout both focusing on "easy". I again tried my new technique with my hands which seems to be working, although BD did have to bark at me a couple of times :-).

We ran a nice loop of 6km.

15 July 2006

Woke up this morning to the sound of rain and pretty miserable looking day, so we guessed we would be running in a mud pit. Made our way out to Bankstown in just enough time for me to register, due to a broken down truck in the M5. After a very short warm up, we were lined up and freezing.

The females event was 5k course consisting on 1 x 2km lap and 1 x 3km lap. It was extremely slippery out there and really hard to get a good grip, particularly running up the hills. I finished in a time of 25:35 and was really happy considering the conditions. My average pace for the XC is definitely improving.

Katie, Ray and myself did a bit of cool down so we could cheer the male runners, who were running 8km today.

The Striders team picked up a bit more bling, and yes Blue Dog got another medal.

2 comments:

Ellie80 said...

Hey Bernie - sounds like a good run despite the nasty weather! :)

Superflake said...

Great run today Bernie. Very tough conditions on the ground. Those Sweat sessions seem to be working very well for you.