Thursday, July 13, 2006

Fartlek

This mornings session was scheduled for Fartlek outside loop, but when we arrived I saw Sean walking around with the markers. Kit and I were both disappointed, we were looking forward to the outside lop, rather than the 1k circuit. Did the usual drills and strides, but due to the huge crowd today we all lined up on the goal line, there were no touch downs :-).

After Sean explained the session he advised anyone who was running the XC on Saturday to only do 4 reps instead of 7 at an easier pace. During the session I really concentrated on my arm technique, which felt a little more relaxed. I finished my 4km in 19:32 which wasn't too bad.

I finished off with a cool down and total of 9.4km for the day.

3 comments:

Horrie said...

That's another good solid session Bernie. Good luck on Saturday in the short course XC.

Unknown said...

Have a great run on tomorrow, Bernie....same for Blue Dog to whom I send a special {{{hug}}}!!

Jen said...

Good luck today Bernie. After your great run at GC, I'm sure you'll have a great run!