Friday, July 07, 2006

Still Playing Catch up....

I am still on holiday's finding no time to up date the blog. BTW I forgot to provide my time 1:47:47 (gun), 1:47:17 (net).

5 July 2006

Back to my home turf and into training. My program is a bit out of sink, however I stuck to it with a one hour run. I decided to again use the time alert function and set if for 30 minutes, allowing me to turn around and retrace my steps home. My legs felt great, nil soreness, my breathing was slightly elevated, but comfortable.

On my return I passed Blue Dog who had just started his run, so we high-fived each other and kept going. I was surprised I ran a total of 11.4km with an average pace of 5:15/km. A little too quick for after the half.

6 July 2006

Even though I am on holidays I set the alarm nice early and headed over to SWEAT, and was accompanied by Blue Dog who has been threatening to attend for a while. I had 10 x Wild Wally on my program, but as Sean was giving us our instructions he stated the group would running between 5 to 7 reps. I quietly advised I had 10 reps on my program, Sean was a bit surprised too and suggest I do 5 reps at any easier pace.

It wasn't unit I started the effects on my legs begin to show but I pushed through, my times were:
3:26, 3:27, 3:33, 3:28, 3:25 very consistent and within the range of 3:30 that Sean suggested.

We then went home to enjoy the rest of the day.

No comments: