Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Totally spent

I heard the rain last night on my window, and mentally prepared myself for another session in the rain. When we got over the park I was pleasantly surprised to find, it was not raining, quite mild and there seemed to be more daylight. One of my SWEAT buddies was first female at the Sutherland to Surf so all congratulated her and gave her a bit of clap, and I was surprised that Sean announced by PB and I also received a few claps. After such I warm reception I decided I had better put in a decent effort in today's reps, which were 2.2km (10:05min), 1.6km (7:26min) and 1km (4:24). I finished very happy knowing I had run my best every 1km rep, and now that I have had a look at my times I have improved all round. Very happy :-).

I actually felt pretty good after S2S, although my quads are a little tender, but I am now finding my new arm technique is become my regular technique. Who says you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.

After looking at my new program and my recent laziness with my diet, I need to get my act together to ensure I maintain my energy levels and drop and bit of extra luggage.

3 comments:

Ellie80 said...

You deserved a clap Bernie! I have never seen you slacking off - you always give it everything so you deserve pb after pb!! congrats again.

Horrie said...

They are great stats for the session Bernie. Your form looked great so concentrating on your arms must be working for you. Well done!

Tesso said...

Good stuff Bernie! Its great that Sean recognises the efforts and PBs by the whole group and not just the elites. And so he should, you work just as hard!