Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sutherland to Surf PB!!!!!!!!

After a pretty busy Saturday I missed my usual easy run, and decided to save myself for today's race. I had really been looking forward to the Sutherland to Surf, for two reasons; it's a local run for me and you don't have the crowds of some of the large city events. I followed Blue Dog over the finish so we could leave one car there, and drive the start. Sounds confusing but the event does creates a few transport issues. Just as I had arrived at the finish I noticed Kerry (CR Roses), Peter (CR Pedro) and Deanne, so they jumped in the car, we picked up Blue Dog and drove the start. A few of us set out for a bit of a warm up, and then I needed another quick trip to the loo (runner's nerves). I got back to the start and found myself and good starting position. As we got started I noticed the Garmin I was wearing (Blue Dog's old one) had switched off even after being fully charged, so I gave myself a quick less on how to operate the stopwatch function on watch. Got myself into a pretty good rhythm and just seem to keep it going. I actually felt okay on the last hill and then put in a big finish. I finished with a time of 51:45, so I am very happy a PB of nearly 2 minutes.

I then finished off the day with a BBQ out place with few other runners. We all seemed to have finished very well hydrated.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

BernieG, what a wonderful race! A 2 minute PB is a very big PB! I'm so glad you got it....seems like celebrations afterwards? Great!

Katie said...

Great run Bernie!!!! The streak continues.... some one give that girl some clothes ;-) See you tuesday.

2P said...

Woohoo Bernie - you have been going from strength to strength - congratulations on another well earned PB mate ;-)

Jen said...

Congrats on the latest PB Bernie. Sounds like a great run & beautiful weather for it!

Clairie said...

Fabulous run Bernie, congratulations on the PB you must be wrapped.

Hope you are still celebrating and have those feet up. Time the ole dog brought you another glass of champers I feel......

Superflake said...

Great run Bernie to get the PB. Be sub 4min ks next year. Thanks for the afternoon hydration & food.

Tesso said...

Congrats on that huge PB Bernie. Go Team J!!!!

Isn't it fantastic when all the hard work pays off. What a year you are having.

Horrie said...

Congrats on the PB Bernie. Sub 50 for you next year. Thanks for the hospitality after the race. It is always a pleasure to rehydrate after a race with such great company.