Thursday, July 27, 2006

Survival Mode

I woke up this morning still exhausted from yesterday and with a sore throat. The thought of staying in bed quickly entered my mind but before such bad thoughts started to set in, I jumped out of bed and threw on my running gear. Although it wasn't raining the Park was very wet this morning. Horrie and I did a bit of warm-up and he bought me up to date with the Strategic Management of Team GBH, and his new program. We ran over the infamous hill and did our usual drills and strides. We were warned there was a bit of mud on the course today, towards the end of the course it was a bit of a mud pit. My goal of the day was to put in a good effort concentrating on my form and complete the 7 reps consistently; 3:26, 3:27, 3:23, 3:25, 3:21, 3:26, 3:26 ....all achieved. After reviewing splits from my last encounter with Wild Wally my times are pretty consistent, which is a bit of surprise as I thought I was bit slower today. Tonight I think I will rest my tired body in a nice hot bath.

No comments: