Thursday, July 20, 2006

RIP Garmin 201

Today's session was hills, and were all guessing what Sean had planned for us, we knew it was hills, but it wasn't the usual Wild Wally or Big Bertha. It was cool again this morning, but not raining which was a nice change. After our warm-up and streches, I was chatting to Sean about my program, Katie reminded him that I backed up for the CG Half after W2B with not problems, Sean agreed and quickly increased my session from 3 x 3 laps to 4 x laps with a 2 minute recovery; thanks Katie :-). We ran over the hills and did the usual drills and strides. After the first lap, Sean advised me I had a 50 second recovery....shit. When we lined up for the third lap after my 30 second recovery, my faithful old 201 died :-(. By the third rep I was starting to feel the pinch, but I was lucky enough to have 15 second recovery before the fourth rep. I am a bit unsure of the times for the first and second rep, but the third and fourth were both 7.24. I was stuffed after the session, but I managed to get through the reps even with my limited recovery and after some weight training last night.

Now I might close the door in my office and have a nap......


4 comments:

Ellie80 said...

great work this morning bernie - that was harsh that you got virtually no recovery! not fair at all! you looked comfortable though so good work :)

Don Juan said...

I had a massive afternoon nap today.

I was either tired from the hills or looking at Wayne's bright singlet, both of which I blogged about.

Superflake said...

Just run past her at S2S, or be already in front. It's payback time.

Katie said...

Hehehe my most humble apologies :-)
I will claim full responsibility when you blitz city to surf!! That was such a tough session... I thought I might cry on the last one when we got a whole 15 sec to rest. Good luck on Sunday!!